Thursday, May 8, 2008

no wate... oh, never mind, it's back

Woke up yesterday, went into the bathroom, put on my birthday suit and, guess what! Yep, you guessed it, NO WATER!!!

I was not happy, to say the least. The last time I woke up to no water, it lasted 2 days. The time before that, 22 days. So, anytime my water goes out, I fear, and expect the worst.

Across the street, they are replacing some windows and their frames. Looks like they're going to do about 5 or 6 of them and they're going to use really loud hammer drills and saws to do it with. The first 2 they did took them about 2 hours, so I'm probably looking at another 4 hours, at least, of this noise. My windows are closed and they are nearly 200 feet away doing this, but there is no insulation in these buildings, just concrete, paint and single pane windows. Might as well go across the street, attach a microphone to each saw/drill, plug the mic into a 500 Watt amp and turn the dial all the way to number 11 :D

Now, let me complain about work a little. A week ago, I was asked if I could stay after work to attend a meeting and I said, going to quote here, "Not a problem as long as I have a day or two's notice." Last night, at 1am in the morning (I work night shift), I get an email with a request for this meeting. Guess when it's supposed to take place. 4 HOURS LATER!!! I started to refuse, on principle alone, but I went. The part that sucks about this the most, the meeting only went 1/2 hour past closing time and to get O.T. at my company, you have to work at least 1 hour past. I'm requesting anyway.

Ok, done with my bitching and moaning. On to lighter subjects. I just wrote a 3 or 4 page letter to my sister today. I even sent her a notepad and preprinted address slips so she wouldn't have to try to write Chinese characters when replying, if she replies. By the way, MOM or DAD or anyone else in my 'tribe,' if you read this before she gets the letter, don't tell her, I want her to be surprised. The letter was originally about 3 paragraphs long, but then I didn't get to take it to the post office that day... so I continued to write the next day and the next until it ended up being quite a few pages.

Wow, I just realized, I have a lot more to bitch and moan about than I do to be cheerful about. Hmm, gonna have to change that. Like I mentioned in my last post, I'm looking to get my own website. My friend at work, Rick, has a couple of his own websites ( is the only one he shares with the public at large) and he said he could possibly get me a pretty good deal. So, I think that's the route I'm going to take. I was going to go with another company with a local guy (or at least someone Rick knows personally), but using this other company will allow me to post more media and I'm wanting to post a lot of pics (IF I ever start taking them again).

So, enough for now. Have fun.

P.S. I'm only going to put one or two video posts on here a month. The parental units still have dial-up and I don't want them to have to wait 20 minutes to open the page to view it.

No comments: